Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2 month check-up

Weight: 12 lbs 6.5 oz (85%)
Length: 21 inches (20%)
Head: 15 inches (20%)

Okay so it's been another couple of crazy weeks. Well as you can see from the pictures Elizabeth discovered the mirror. So whenever I put her on her play mat if she's by the mirror she'll look at it and talk to herself and try to grab it. It's way cute to watch. She's very entertaining. James' Dad shattered his pelvis (I'm pretty sure that's it) so James had 3 days off so we rearranged his schedule so we could fly out and help out where we were needed. So since it was so short notice we flew and Elizabeth got to have her first plan ride. Elizabeth did amazing on the plan to and from Reno. She slept the whole time (much to the relief of the other passengers on board). Of course it was great seeing the family again, we just wished it was under different circumstances. I'm pretty sure that Rhiannon was excited to see Elizabeth and Shawn liked having her around once he figured out what was going on. We were able to help babysit them, so it was fun for James and I to get some one on one quality time with the kids. And just in case you didn't know James' Dad is home now, and he was doing great when we left, and James said he was doing good still the last time he talked to him.

Elizabeth has had a lot of "firsts" this week. She got her shots, other than the one at the hospital. They gave her five so two nurses ambushed her on both thighs. Little trooper. She's been doing good since she got the shots too. Just wants to be held a lot. And she is already cutting her first tooth. Yes, you read right, HER FIRST TOOTH. The doctor was pretty surprised when I pointed it out. He didn't say it was too unusual, he just said it's usually not until 6 months. My mom calls her a "bionic baby". So I'm anxious to see if anything else happens ahead of schedule. Hopefully she'll hold of on walking for another 6 or 7 months though ;) Well I think that's it with us right now.... if not I'm sure you'll be hearing from us again soon!

0 comments: