Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1st Christmas

Christmas Pj's

Video Games with dad

Christmas Morning

New Shoes!!! She won't be wearing them for a while.

Elizabeth in her duck slippers



She likes her Johnny Jump Up




Elizabeth and James Christmas Eve Nap


Another duck slipper picture


Well we had a fun last couple of weeks. Christmas eve was fun. James got off work 2 hours early so he took Elizabeth and they went and had a nap. I enjoyed the time that I had to get some cleaning done. Elizabeth loves to look around still and still loves to watch the television. She spent some of her time while I was cooking with James playing Sega. She actually fell asleep watching him, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera for that one. James and I enjoyed a small dinner together. We both miss spending time with our family but I'm just glad that James has such a great job. We watched "The King Is Born" with Elizabeth before she went to bed, and then James and I played games while I baked some cookies.
Elizabeth slept in later than us, but seemed to like some of the stuff she got. She's in the habit now of hitting things in front of her that she likes. We bought her a toy chest with shelves for Christmas. Along with some toys and books. She can't play with most of the toys we bought her yet, but they are the peak-a-blocks so I'll sit them in front of her so she can look and see what is in them. We spent Christmas with James' relatives that live out here. Elizabeth was good the entire time. She doesn't mind being held and passed around.
The only things that are new with Elizabeth is that she likes to sit up a lot more. She's doing pretty good at balancing herself, but sometimes she'll use my boppy pillow. She's getting better at grabbing things with her hands that are still small. And of course she still loves to put things in her mouth. She's never shy about giving a smile, except if I'm trying to get a picture of it. James and I are still doing great. James is glad the holidays are over, and found out when he passes his 2 year mark in May that we'll have 2 weeks of vacation instead of 1. I'm excited about that. I'm depating on if I'll return to work or not. It's a hard decision to make because I can still get out of the house if I want to because James is more than willing to watch her for me, and I'd only be working 1 day a week. So hopefully by the time I post again I'll have a decision made. James and I are still looking for houses in the area. The market doesn't have much in our price range right now, but we're not in a hurry either. We just would like to be in our own house before baby number 2 comes along. So we still have plenty of time to find a house we both like. Well I hope you all had a great holiday!
Love,
Jenny, James and Elizabeth

1 comments:

Ng said...

She's so cute! It sounds like you guys are doing well. :)