Thursday, August 14, 2008

One On One Time With Grandma And Grandpa

Well after many months of trying to plan a trip to Elko I finally did it! I finally got enough of a window between appointments for Clay that I was able to go out so my parents could get some extra time with the kids. James drove us out to Wendover and my Mom drove us the rest of the way. Elizabeth and Clay both had a lot of fun. Elizabeth especially loved my parent's cat, Sammy. That cat put up with a lot from Elizabeth, but never tried to bite her. Even after her following him around all the time and giving him kisses (literally). Here is a few pictures of her when we first arrived and she saw Sammy. She immediately chased him up the stairs.

Clay sleeping, lucky me he'll sleep anywhere.

Elizabeth loves to read, and she always takes advantage of new people who can read to her.

Sometimes when she was following Sammy she would end up here because he would sit on a chair she couldn't get to. Well she decided to wait it out until he was ready to get down. I think she lost interest before he came out.


Whenever Mom held Clay, Elizabeth had to be held too. She likes attention, and of course once she got on Grandma's lap she almost immediately wanted down to play.


Mmmm. We had yummy cake with homemade fudge frosting....so good!

Clayton also started getting his 2 front teeth while we were there. I actually had to run to the store late one night to get him pain reliever and some teething tablets so he could sleep. Well Mom had the genius idea to give him a popsicle. I don't know why I never thought of that. He liked it and it helped the teething for a little while.



Look at those lips!!!

Like I said he'll fall asleep anywhere...
And here is Lizzi relaxing in the recliner watching Blue's Clues


We had a lot of fun with my parents and my friends that I was able to see while I was there. We are all looking forward to going back soon! It seems like we don't get a lot of time with my friends, and my parents especially. And we were certainly spoiled this last week since they stayed with James and I when they brought me back to Salt Lake. Lizzi definitely enjoyed it, and has been asking for Grandma and Grandpa quite a bit since they left. But she's been asking for Sammy more! Kids.



2 comments:

Ng said...

I like your layout! It's very cute.
I wish I was in Elko to see ya, it's been a while. I moved into apartment and was going through my old year books, it was quite entertaining.

Kmelanese said...

Don't you love grandparents? Clay is too funny the way he fell asleep.