Saturday, February 12, 2011

Super Bowl

Most of you that know me know that sports don't interest me. Especially watching them on television. I'm so glad that James is really only into football, because by the time the football season is over I am so sick of it and all the games. James took a vacation day so he could have a Sunday off, and not have to go to work right after church was over, and he wanted to relax and watch the Super Bowl. I figured even if we had to watch football, at least James and I would get to spend time together. So I bought him some snacks and made him brownies for the game. The kids were not happy about the idea of watching football, that is until I popped some popcorn. Then they were on board.


James was so excited about this game. He has always said that his 2nd favorite team behind the 49ers is the Steelers. However James is a huge Aaron Rodgers fan too. He watched him play college football, and he was so disappointed when the 49ers drafted Alex Smith instead of him in the draft in 2005 (yeah I know, it's sad I remember that. In my defense we had just gotten married though). Either way he was going to be happy with a win. I decided earlier in the week that I was going to cheer on the Packers though.

Even after the rest of us were sick of the popcorn Clay continued to eat it and carry it around the room with him.

Analyn quickly caught onto what he was doing and managed to get her hands on some more popcorn as well. Let's face it, this kid will eat as long as food is in front of her.

After the first hour the the kids and I were having a hard time paying attention to the actual game. The kids started to move around the room doing their own thing. Lizzie had to of course be the center of attention and started making some funny faces for the camera.

Since Grandpa was watching the same thing upstairs on his television Grandma came down and played with the kids. The kids all love Grandma and Grandpa so they took advantage of having Grandma around to play with. Notice that Analyn is standing up in the picture by herself. I'll probably only get another month before she starts to walk.

Reading the Elmo puppet book she got for her Birthday. Analyn loves this book and giggles uncontrollably while it's being played with.






It was a fun little family night, even if it was spent watching football. Figures the first Super Bowl I watch in forever had a crappy halftime show and hardly any good commercials. Go figure!

0 comments: