Yesterday we celebrated Analyn's 1st birthday. The day was bitter sweet for me, and yes I did cry a few time. I was excited for this milestone for Analyn, but it made me sad to remember that this was our last 1st birthday ever. I still remember when Analyn was born vividly, so small, so quiet, and so much hair!
And here she was on her birthday. She kept giving us weird looks whenever anyone would tell her happy birthday, and then she would smile. She didn't get what we were talking about, but she loved the attention. She's changed and grown so much in the last year. She's found her voice, become mobile (thankfully no walking yet though), learning to communicate through sign and voice. It's been fun to watch her personality come to life too.
I wanted to do something different than the "1" I had done for our other first birthdays. So I came up with this cake. It turned out great. I make the cake the day before because I personally think the frosting tastes better the day after I've made it. Normally I wait to long to make the cake and then I'm up until midnight decorating it. Well I was ready to decorate it by 1pm on Friday and went to make the frosting only to find I was missing one of the ingredients. I still had it done by 7pm though, so not too bad.
Opening present was fun. Analyn would actually pull paper off herself, and it was fun to watch her get excited over the different toys she got. She got some cute clothes too, but I was much more excited about those than she was.
She was confused when everyone started singing to her. She did think it was pretty funny though.
I had a hunch that Analyn would be good with the cake. Liz and Clay just mostly ate the frosting and didn't get into it at all. Well I gave Analyn her ladybug cupcake and before I could even turn around to get the camera she had grabbed it and had it in her mouth. It was so fun to watch her get into that cake and enjoy it!
Then she got some ice cream too. She didn't like it when she realized it was cold, but she still ate all of it.
I got her this fun bath toy for her birthday. She loved it and kept crawling up and down the length of the tub while she played.
As a last minute gift my Mom gave her this baby doll. Originally she had got it for her for her birthday but thought it might scare her. The baby giggles and moved when you press the tummy, but after Analyn had opened all her presents Mom decided to give it to her and she loves it. She bounces because she gets so excited when the baby moves and talks to her. It's cute to watch.
1 comments:
Happy 1st Birthday! I'm just a couple weeks behind you, geez this year has flown by! Talk soon, McKenna
Post a Comment