Monday, August 15, 2011

What A Week!

I figured since school starts next week that I better catch up with my blogging. The very first weekend of August we went to Utah for a family reunion on James' side. Well Analyn was looking really shaggy, so my Mom and I took her to get her first professional haircut. It was just getting so long and thick that I didn't know what to do with it other than trim the bangs. She had a bit of a meltdown at first, but once the stylist offered her a sucker she was good. It turned out really cute too. Here is a picture of her with the new do while she attempts to put on her own shoes.


So we went out to Utah for the weekend. We did some shopping and got to see a lot of family that we hadn't had the chance to see since we moved to Nevada. I was a major slacker and didn't take any pictures. Oh well, I had my hands full keeping tabs on my three kids.

One of our purchases while in Utah was a new couch. James and I were really excited about it too! With the exception of our bedroom and the kids furniture everything we've ever had has been hand me downs. We love hand me downs and were grateful for the generosity of our family to help us out. We love the couch and chair that we got. You can see them behind Liz in the photo. Along with some random dress up shots after we got home.



So we got our couches on Monday last week. Then on Wednesday James and I decided to have a last minute date night since school is starting for him soon too and we probably won't get many opprotunities to go out for a while. Mom and Dad were gracious enough to take the kids for us so we could go to dinner. As we are walking into the restaurant we get a call that Clay is sick ...GREAT. Once we get home we found out that Lizzie was sick too. Irony- getting a brand new couch for the first time ever and then two days later the stomach flu inhabits your house! LOVELY. James hadn't been feeling well either and the kids had caught it. Luckily we paid extra to have the fabric treated for stains and get a warranty on stain removal (but lucky the kids never got sick on the couch).

The kids were miserable of course. Clay laid on the couch all day which is not like him at all. Analyn didn't know what was going on so she decided to go give them "hugs".


I ended up taking Lizzie to the ER because her fever shot up to over 105 in a matter of hours. While I was there James called to let me know that Analyn was officially sick too. Lots of fun. I didn't escape the flu either though. I got lucky and didn't get sick until Saturday so Mom was nice enough to bring over some of their dinner so I didn't have to cook and James was off Sunday so I spent most of my time in bed. So we are on the mend just in time for Lizzie to start school next week.


As you can see they are all feeling much better!!
Clay is not going to preschool anymore. That kid would not potty train and I know better than to try and force him if he isn't ready. Lizzie is really excited about kindergarten and in fact will have the same teacher that I had in kindergarten too. Lizzie also has girl scouts starting here soon (she has a little get together party this week to meet the other girls). Sounds like we are all getting busier LOL.

1 comments:

Kmelanese said...

I LOVE your couches!! Don't worry about Clay not potty training, RJ will not do it either. Hopefully for both of us they do it soon!!