I have been anxiously awaiting this day since preschool ended. Of course Sunday night I was sitting in bed and I was sad that she was going to be going to school now. It's still a little weird because we planned on Lizzie being in Kindergarten next year rather than this year. But with the deadline for being 5 being after her birthday she gets to go this year. Which works out great, because she is so smart it will be good for her to get out and learn some stuff.
I thought I would be so happy that the day was here, but honestly I was still sad and I figured I probably would cry when I had to take her. Lizzie doesn't have school until the afternoon so we ran to a few stores in the morning to get her a folder for her backpack (she got Hello Kitty and Tinkerbell) and then we bought her some sneakers so she would have shoes she could wear for days she has PE (Mondays, and she picked out Hello Kitty again in a size 12! This girl has huge feet). As the morning went on she kept asking me when it would be time to go to school. At first it was cute, but by 11 o'clock I was really sick of her asking and I was starting to think that I wouldn't get emotional when I dropped her off.
Here she is when it was FINALLY time to go to school. She was so excited to get to wear one of her new shirts we bought her for school.
I thought I would be so happy that the day was here, but honestly I was still sad and I figured I probably would cry when I had to take her. Lizzie doesn't have school until the afternoon so we ran to a few stores in the morning to get her a folder for her backpack (she got Hello Kitty and Tinkerbell) and then we bought her some sneakers so she would have shoes she could wear for days she has PE (Mondays, and she picked out Hello Kitty again in a size 12! This girl has huge feet). As the morning went on she kept asking me when it would be time to go to school. At first it was cute, but by 11 o'clock I was really sick of her asking and I was starting to think that I wouldn't get emotional when I dropped her off.
Here she is when it was FINALLY time to go to school. She was so excited to get to wear one of her new shirts we bought her for school.


0 comments:
Post a Comment