Saturday, May 05, 2012

This And That

The last month has certainly been a busy one for us.  I was traveling for some reason or another every weekend but one in April.  One of those weekends was to go to Reno with the youth from church because we were headed there for a temple trip.  It was a very fun experience.  I always love to go to the temple, and I'm ashamed to say that it had been many years since I have been (it's so hard with kids though when you have to travel, it's not an excuse, but it's definitely a complication).  We ended up staying overnight at a member's house in Sparks and bright and early the next morning we were at the temple.  It was such a wonderful experience, I am looking forward to the next one already.  This was the first time that I have left the kids overnight.  James did a great job with them though, and when I got home around 8pm on Saturday night the kids were all waiting on the couch for me.  Earlier they had put pillows on the floor with their blankets and were camping out waiting for me.
This one is my favorite.  It's amazing how much Clay and Annie look alike.  Such cute kids.  Analyn gave me the silent treatment all night though.  She was really mad at me for leaving her.

 The next day Analyn had forgiven me by the afternoon.  Sundays are a rough day for us because we go midday so no naps for any of the kids (Lizzie still takes a nap on Saturday, thank goodness!).  James and I were getting our lunch together after feeding the kids after church and we turned around and Analyn was asleep on our ottoman.  Poor thing was so tired, and she slept there for about an hour.
 I was taking pictures, so of course I needed to get one of Clay and Elizabeth.

After Liz and Clay were in bed Analyn pulled James over to the kitchen and declared she wanted popcorn.  She really is quite bossy!  She got what she wanted and lots of yummy popcorn eating commenced.


A few minutes after we started eating, Analyn decided that James was working much too hard.  And decided that she would be feeding popcorn to him.


This went on until the bowl was empty.  James got her to give me some pieces a couple of times, but she was really focusing on him (of course I was encouraging her, because I didn't want soggy popcorn either!).

0 comments: