Monday, April 08, 2013

Easter

This year we colored eggs the day before Easter.  The kids all wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to do it for some reason, but they said yes so I packed up all the stuff and off we went.  Egg coloring this year went really well.  It's during activities like this that we can really see the progress Clay has made in the last year.  He did awesome, and Analyn did really well for her age too.  And James was happy that hard boiled eggs means macaroni salad (although 3 dozen eggs is still way too many eggs to eat alone).



 Easter morning was pretty good too.  The kids didn't wake us up earlier than normal which was really nice.  Clay was excited to get a new dinosaur to go with his castle.  And it had a booklet in the packaging that had all the different things that brand makes so now he has his wish list for Christmas and his birthday!  Works for me since I like to show early.

 Analyn got a walking, talking Pinkie Pie Pony.  She loves My Little Pony right now so she was really excited about that.  It turned out to be a really cute toy.

Elizabeth got Mario Party for her DS.  She was constantly borrowing James and I's games so I'm glad the Easter Bunny saw that she needed a Mario game of her own. 
I was proud that the kids remembered the reason for Easter too.  That was good to know in between the toys and begging for more candy.  And of course they all had a nice new church outfit to wear.  They all looked adorable, especially after the curlers in their hair.  Clay's outfit came with a bow-tie, but he won't wear that kind of stuff yet.  It was a nice day at home and at church.


0 comments: