It has been a really long time since I have updated. So I apologize, but let me just say that this winter has been a nightmare. Since Analyn's birthday we were all mostly sick. Elizabeth, Clay and I traded off a lot from who was sick from week to week. Poor Analyn was sick the entire time, she almost got full blown pneumonia and had to be on 5 antibiotics (and managed to get ear infections while on some of those antibiotics). So needless to say I have been very tired the last few months, and blogging wasn't high on my to do list. Plus I didn't have many pictures either. But we are all healthy again, so I finally remember to take some pictures and here I am updating the blog finally (go me!).
Elizabeth really wanted a new bike. And she really needed a new on since she got her current bike when she was 2. I told her that we didn't have the money for that so she would have to save up for one and she could do chores to earn money. She had 5 dollars just from tooth fairy money (and has two more loose teeth right now). We decided to go through her piggy bank to see what she had in there too. All my kids like to put any money they get in their banks. And we've always encouraged that since it was a good habit. So I counted up Elizabeth's money and she had over $50 from her piggy bank! It's sad when your kids have more money than you do LOL. So I searched some bikes and found a Huffy on sale at Walmart for $49, so everyone was happy. But since I was counting up Liz's piggy, I had to count Analyn and Clay's too. Clay had saved over $30 and Analyn had $8. So off to the store we went. Clay picked out this dragon that go with his Castle he got at Christmas time. He loves this toy and was so proud to buy it himself.
Analyn chose two ponies and since I had a coupon, she had an extra dollar left over.
And here is Elizabeth with her pretty new bike. We are still in the process of teaching her how to ride it. Mostly she giggles so much that she can't stay up for long, but it's slowly making progress.
Since we have been confined to the house a lot the last couple of months the kids found ways to entertain themselves. Dress up was a popular choice and Clay REALLY got into it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment