Sorry I am way behind on blogging. I'm going to try and work on it every Sunday, but we will see how I follow through. At the end of January Analyn turned 4. My baby is 4, which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Donuts from breakfast is pretty much a tradition for us now on birthdays. Analyn's birthday was no exception of course.
At Analyn's preschool you get to pick "a day to shine" for your child. This can be any day but it's usually a birthday if it falls in the school year. Analyn's was on a school day so James and I went with her to school that day. She got to get a crown and to show off a toy to her class. She was really excited. On their day to shine they also get to bring a special snack. Analyn got the short end of the stick for that. Her birthday ended up being on the day they had their Buckaroo Breakfast where ALL the parents are invited. Unfortunately almost all the days around her birthday were already picked for days to shine, so we just had to go with it. She still had a fun day.
That night we went out to eat for her birthday and then headed over to Grandma and Grandpas' house to do cake and presents. She really loved opening presents this year.
The kids keep asking for really elaborate cakes that I just can't pull off. Originally Analyn wanted a Dora the Explorer cake. So we ordered one for her. Then I got a call that day that they didn't have any Dora the Explorer kits. HOW DO YOU RUN OUT OF CAKE KITS? Seriously? So we had to find a substitute. Luckily Rapunzel worked out perfect. So she was still happy.
And here she is modeling the outfit James and I got her for her birthday. She's getting so tall! I bought the outfit in a 5 and it fit her really well. My 4 year old is in size 5 clothes! So weird.





0 comments:
Post a Comment