Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Easter!!

Well we had a very nice and quiet Easter. We decided to stay home this year and celebrate because we were all still tired from our trip to Tahoe, James had worked a 12 hour shift the day before, and Clayton had his surgery the next morning. So with all those factors we felt like being bums. We had church at 9am that morning.

Here is Elizabeth in her pretty lilac Easter dress. James actually picked this out when we were shopping at JCPennys one day. I think he did very good. Elizabeth loves getting dressed up. I made her a cute headband to wear too, but it didn't stay in long. So now I think I'll have to start making her bows. Easter Sunday was her first time in nursery! YEAH! She wasn't sure of it when we went to drop her off but once one of the nursery workers started playing with another little boy she was very interested. She didn't even notice when we left. And went we went to get her she looked up at us from the table said, "Hi" and went back to eating her animal crackers. She didn't even come over to us until she saw Clay, then she came over and gave him a kiss. The nursery workers told us she was so funny and cute. She's very sociable (don't know where she got that from), and laughed and giggled when they turned on the music. And thankfully she didn't try to bite anyone!

Here is Clayton in his cute Easter outfit. James picked out his outfit too at the Carter's store in West Jordan. All 3 pieces of the outfit are a size 3 month and they were all way too big for our little man. At least we should get plenty of use out of them.

The kids' Easter baskets

Our Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny was good to James and I too!



Elizabeth loved going through her basket. She got some ABC bath toys, some toy keys (she's always trying to play with ours), and these pretty shoes. She also got a chocolate bunny, some peeps, and mini m&ms. Clayton got a 3 set of 49er logo plush balls and a bear dressed up like a bunny that says, "Baby's 1st Easter". James and I got candy of course! I got "First Wives Club" DVD and I bought a nice air freshener to put by the diapers. James got a book and "West Side Story" DVD.

We had fun bumming around playing our Wii and just relaxing. We had a Ham (8 pounds for just us!! It was the smallest I could find at Costco), funeral potatoes and carrots. Elizabeth loved it all. She wasn't sure about the ham at first but she came around.

Elizabeth didn't get a nap, so around 5 she crashed while James was playing Wii. We let her sleep for 30 minutes and then decided to wake her up so she would sleep that night....
Let me just say that wasn't the best idea. She was not happy with us, but she did still go to bed around her normal time!






2 comments:

Kmelanese said...

Don't tell me you guys are 49ers fans? I thought my husband was the only one! I love those pink shoes! So cute!

Laura Jansson said...

I love her dress and those pink shoes!!!