Well it's been a while, I did collages again so if you want to see the pictures bigger just click on each individual collage. We had a fun week leading up to Halloween with the kids. We got to carve pumpkins. If you remember last year Lizzie attempted to carve pumpkins and Clayton watched from his high chair. Clay was very excited this year to actually be part of the action and kept saying, "pumpkins". I cut the top off the pumpkin and put it on the floor for him and from the look he gave me I would think that he was wondering what the heck I had done to the pumpkin. But he's our little adventurer so he put a spoon in and tried to get some of the guts out like I had. Lizzie and James were working on their own (Lizzie still needed a LOT of help though).

Once all the guts were out James and I drew the faces on the pumpkins. Clay really wanted to be involved in this part, but since they were permanent markers we didn't let him. Both the kids were good though and waited patiently until we were done.
Clayton was even more fascinated when we started to cut the faces out of the pumpkins. He really enjoyed checking our face out after I was done carving. Lizzie didn't like that Clay kept trying to put the tops on the pumpkins, especially HER pumpkin. She can be hilarious sometimes.
Friday night we went to a church Trunk or Treat. We didn't stay the whole time though, but the kids had fun walking around looking at all the other kids in their costumes. Clayton was a monkey, Lizzie was Cinderella. They both loved their costumes (even though Clay doesn't look like he's enjoying it).
Halloween day Lizzie kept asking if we were "going Halloween yet". She couldn't wait until it was dark. She wanted to go with the Cinderella headband that night instead of the crown. And she looked so CUTE! I'm sold on growing her bangs out because she looks cute without them. We decided to put Clay in the wagon and let Lizzie walk around the neighborhood. Clayton didn't really get out (but he really didn't care either... at least his costume kept him warm). We originally thought that Lizzie would loose interest after 5 houses or so... yeah right! She loved going to the door and saying "trick or treat" and she loved getting Candy. Everyone kept telling her how cute she was too. So what we thought would be a quick 10 minute trick or treating session turned into about an hour and a half. She made out like a bandit though. Some houses were giving the kids hand fulls of candy, she even got a full size 3 Musketeer bar. A few houses noticed Clay in the wagon and gave her extra for him. So even with only her getting candy she and Clay will be having it for a month probably. We all had fun, and it was fun to have James along for the adventure. I couldn't imagine taking the kids by myself, and I probably wouldn't have!


2 comments:
looks like lots of fun. youre kids are so cute in their costumes
How fun!!!! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!
Post a Comment