Friday, September 17, 2010

Elizabeth's Day To Shine

Once a year each child at preschool gets a special day. For obvious reasons most people have that day on their child's birthday. So yesterday was Lizzie's special day at preschool. She was so excited!

Normally they want healthier snacks for the kids. But on the child's special day you get to bring in a special treat. Originally I was going to try and make Hello Kitty cake pops. Thought twice thinking it would be way too much work (and probably more expensive than just buying something). Instead I decided on making ice cream cone cupcakes instead. You would think they would be pretty easy, they proved difficult though. Lots of trial and error. But they turned out cute, and Lizzie loved them. The one thing Lizzie wanted was the cake to be purple, so per her request I made the white cake mix purple. Got to love food coloring.

Elizabeth got a crown at the beginning of class. The crown said, "Elizabeth's Day to Shine". She thought that was great and then she got to stay up front with her teacher and help with all the activities for the day. I'm sure she loved that. And I was glad I was able to stay a little longer after I dropped her off to see her get her crown (thanks Mom!).


Grandma, James, Clay, Analyn and I all went back for the last 30 minutes of class. Lizzie got to wear this fun hat and have James and I sit with her during snack time. They even sang happy birthday to her.


Showing me her treat. See the cake is purple.

Grandma was a good sport and kept an eye on Clay. Clay is a busy little boy so we had to watch him closely.

On the way home I told Lizzie that a package was waiting for her at home. She was so excited to get something, that we had to call James and ask if it was okay for her to open it while he was at work. Poor James misses out on a lot, but he was happy that she was enjoying herself. She loved going through the package and opening presents. Thanks again Anna, Dave, Mike and Tiffany. That really made her day!

A My Little Pony. Makes me smile that she's getting toys that I played with as a kid.


She thought these band aids were so cool. She can't wait to use them.


And a cute necklace, that had to go on immediately after being opened.

She definitely had a great birthday. She's a little grumpy today from all the sugar, attention and excitement that came with yesterday. But I'm just glad she had fun. Birthday celebration is tomorrow. Pictures to come :)

0 comments: