Thursday, March 31, 2011

End of Spring Break

Well the kids had been looking forward to time with their cousins for a few weeks before our trip. Since we were going during our spring break I warned the kids that there was a chance that we wouldn't see them that much since they didn't have the same spring break as us and still had school. Luckily that didn't turn out to be the case. The kids got to see plenty of their cousins and they all played together great! During one dinner they all even got to sit together while all the adults (and Analyn) sat at the table.


While there we celebrated Grandpa's birthday early. The cake had frosting balloons on them and they were big. Of course all the kids wanted one, but just that and ice cream. I've never felt so sick as when I was watching the kids eating pure frosting. I am not a fan of tons of frosting though so I'm biased, but it was still gross to look at. Analyn loved the cake too of course and gave me a break by not making a massive mess!


Mike and Shawn. Notice the red glob on Shawn's plate, that is one of the balloons off the cake!

The kids got to go play outside another day when we were there. Clay had developed croup a few days before our trip so with the cold weather I limited their time outside a lot. I didn't want to have to deal with his croup acting up on our vacation. Because of the obscene amounts of snow we pretty much spent all our time indoors. It was nice one day though so we were able to run out and do a few errands with the kids (I had to get some cold stone ice cream after all!). James' Dad had Netflix set up through the television so the kids were watching some of their favorite shows like Super Why, and Veggie Tales.

Analyn started biting the paper plates and then would swing her arms in the air. I don't know what she was doing or thinking, but it was pretty funny to watch.

I got sick of following her around a lot because as a baby she's curious and would get into things/places she wasn't suppose to be. So we tried some coloring one night when the kids were playing with Grandma. She really liked it and didn't try to eat the crayon.

Puzzles with Grandma. The kids love puzzles and they are both surprisingly good at them. Clayton can even find pieces that match by himself really easy. We got the kids each a puzzle on our way out of town for being so good on the trip. Lizzie picked out a 48 piece puzzle and Clay can put it together with minimal help.


The kids all loved the extra time with Daddy, and Analyn absolutely loved all the new toys to play with. After James showed her this horse she would climb on it herself to play on it. She got a little too excited about it though one time and hit her head on the horses ears. Ouch! But she got over it quick and kept going back for more.

We had to cut our trip short because of the weather. Originally we were going to stay until Saturday and ended up leaving Thursday morning. Stupid weather! I'm glad that James and I made that decision though because later that day the storms in Tahoe got worst and dumped a lot of snow on them, plus we got snow in Elko on Friday and Saturday morning. Looking forward to another summer trip to Tahoe, hopefully without snow this time!!

0 comments: