Saturday, May 14, 2011

Big Birthday!

Well it's official, James is 30. It was a very low key birthday, but that is us! As a surprise I had Clay and Lizzie make him some birthday cards the day before. When James got home from work though he came and told me something Lizzie had said, "Daddy we made you homemade cards for your birthday, but shhh it's a secret". He said she even whispered it to him. I'm glad I hadn't gotten him a gift from the kids yet, she would have told him that too. Elizabeth and Clay were so excited when they finally got to give them to James.

I let James get a nook a while ago early for his birthday and father's day present. But I had to come up with something for the kids to give him. They get more excited about birthdays than we do. So I put a note in Lizzie's card that said he could have so much to get a book for his nook. He also was able to get some pants for work from my parents. Typical adult birthday, getting stuff you need, but that's what works for us.


I was really good about sticking to no gifts. One day last week I decided to look through the Best Buy add, for fun. Well they had this for way cheap! So I jumped on the deal, because otherwise we would have had to wait years to get Glee season 1. Clay was so excited about the presents, he even started opening one before James could get to it.


I got a break from cake decorating too. I really enjoy it, but with the kids sometimes it's just too much. James wanted a simple oatmeal cake. SO yummy! Elizabeth thought it was hilarious when James stopped to think about a wish before he blew the candles out.



Happy Birthday!!

0 comments: