Thursday, December 01, 2011

Festival Of Trees

Since the kids are getting older now we are trying to get out more and do the fun activities around town that are available during the Christmas season. So we decided to take the kids to the festival of trees. Clay had trouble falling asleep the night before we were going to go, much like Lizzie because of her field trip. All day he asked about it, and I told him we were going to go after Liz got out of school. One of the main reasons we wanted to go was so the kids could see Santa. Elizabeth is the only one of them that has seen Santa and she was only about 3 months old at the time. So while I was on the field trip with Lizzie I asked one of the workers when Santa would be there so we could see him. He wasn't going to be there until 5:30, so Clay was disappointed that we now had to wait until after dinner to go, but he was a patient boy.

Once we had decided to actually go to the festival of trees we started asking the kids about seeing Santa. We wanted them to all be prepared so they hopefully wouldn't freak out. Clay adamantly said he didn't want to see Santa and we kept telling him that we wouldn't make him. Elizabeth was really excited about seeing Santa though.

Mrs. Claus got Clay to stand by them by giving him a candy cane and then we opened it for him. I was proud of him for standing up there for the picture and he actually told Santa what he wanted for Christmas. Analyn freaked out, but I figured she would. She cried until I was holding her again even after being given two candy canes.


Analyn and I waited to get the cd with the pictures on it while everyone else wandered around looking at the trees. I was talking to Analyn and she wasn't responding to me at all. Finally I asked her if she was mad at me. She quickly nodded yes a few times. I couldn't help but laugh that she was still upset.



The trees were even more beautiful to look at after it was dark outside. I love Christmas trees, so seeing so many decorated and lite up was really fun for me. And the kids were so excited to be out and get to see something new. Clay and Analyn loved the candy canes too. And after we were done with the festival we drove around for a bit and looked at lights.

0 comments: