Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Balloon Festival

 Last Thursday when I dropped Lizzie off at school we found that the field at her school was empty because of a hot air balloon.  The kids were enthralled by this and I had a hard time keeping Clay with me on the boarder of the school grounds.  They have always had a balloon festival for as long as I can remember, but I had never been to it before.  After getting the kids to school I found the info online and I told them we would go see them the morning of my birthday.


Saturday morning came and we got up at 5:50am to get the kids up and dressed since the launch site for the balloons was in Spring Creek.  We stopped off at this really good place to get donuts (a birthday treat we all enjoy) and off we went.  The drive isn't a long one.  It just seemed long this day because we had constant whining for a donuts.  Finally we got to the field and parked so we could open the trunk and watch from there while we had some breakfast. 


 As soon as Clay had eaten two donuts he was ready to leave.  The girls were a little more interested in the balloons though.  It was really interesting to watch all the balloons go up.  I really wish we could have afforded a ride in one, but I'm pretty sure right now we are too broke for something like that.  I had a good time playing with my cameras manual exposure setting.  I'm still learning how to work it since all the stuff I learned in photography my senior year of high school is long gone.  But I did manage to get some good shots.







1 comments:

The Magalogo Family said...

Super neat...I have always wanted to go on one of those. Maybe one day we both will...Happy Birthday!