Friday, September 21, 2012

Elizabeth turns 6

Hard to believe I have a 6 year old.  But then again it was hard to believe I have a 1st grader too.  Elizabeth's birthday fell on a weekend, so she wanted to have some birthday treats brought in the Friday before her birthday.  She requested cupcakes for her party, so I suggested sugar cookies.  She loved that idea and I have the best recipe so that was that.  When I came into the classroom Lizzie jumped out of her chair and started to walk to me and her teacher reminded her she was taking a test and she plopped right back in her seat.  I have to admit that after seeing how Liz acts in class compared to some of the other kids I feel even better about her being the youngest in her class.  Lets just say I definitely wouldn't have the patience to be an elementary teacher. 

After the test was done Liz got a birthday hat, and pencil from her teacher.  Then she got to help pass out her treat.  Of course she had to be very sporadic about where she passed them out to first.  She was going back and forth from row to row.  I was confused watching her.  Once she was done handing them out she got to go up to the front of the class and be sung to.  And then she was the focus of attention because the rule in the class is that the birthday girl/boy is the special one for that day and so no one else gets to take a bite until they do.  Luckily Liz didn't take forever to take a bite and everyone got to jump in.  When I went to leave Liz lost it though and was crying.  I guess she thought I was staying for the rest of the afternoon.

This was Lizzie's first year to have a real friend party.  And let me tell you they are so much work!  Lizzie wanted cupcakes instead of a cake which made me a little sad.  I look forward to doing the cakes and having a creative outlet.  But they turned out cute.

Birthday girl with her Hello Kitty birthday crown.

 The kids all had a lot of fun.  It was a girl party, but Clay was involved to because I told Lizzie she had to invite him.  A friend of mine stayed with her daughter and was a huge help to me and James with Clay though.

Games were interesting, especially at an age where no one really wants to wait for a turn.  We played pin the bow on Hello Kitty.  The kids all had fun, we had a few that took a REALLY long time to place their bow.  They had fun and it was fun to see Analyn and Clay both participate.  Lizzie was very sad she didn't win though, but a Lizzy did win, just not mine!





 After some hot dogs and chips (because for some reason I have a child who doesn't care for pizza) we did the cupcakes.  Analyn and Clay really wanted to help Lizzie blow out the candles.  But we were able to keep them back, but they still tried.



The 49ers were playing on Elizabeth's actual birthday so we were heading over to Grandma and Grandpa's house after church.  We had a little time to kill once we got home from church so the kids played.  Our church is midday and right in the middle of nap time.  Clay is old enough that he's fine if he doesn't get a nap, but Annie still depends on them a lot.  She was really grumpy and sad and mad because we weren't leaving right away.  We finally got her to calm down and watch a show and she fell asleep.
The birthday girl!
Lizzie got a 2 ds games.  I let Clay pick which one he wanted to be from him and Analyn.  BIG MISTAKE.  On the way over to Grandpa and Grandma's house he told Lizzie which game I had wrapped for that day.  Little stinker.


Lizzie's one real request was a pillow pet.  She wanted a rainbow unicorn one.  So while we were in Salt Lake for Wicked I went around to a bunch of stores until I found one.  She was very excited.
So was Annie who wanted it too.  And then a real fight started over that thing...
I wish you could see Annie's face here better, but she is mad at Clay because he got it away from her.  Lizzie was just standing by upset, and Clay and Annie were wrestling over that thing (although I am pretty sure Clay didn't really want it, but just wanted to make her mad).





Leftover cupcakes from the party for her cake.  She still wanted candles though even though we didn't sing to her.  She had a great birthday!


0 comments: