Monday, December 10, 2012

Clay Turns 5!

 Clay is now 5 and I am so glad his birthday was over.  Anyone that knows Clay is aware that he is VERY energetic, so something as exciting as his birthday made it even worst.  Our little birthday tradition for everyone is donuts for breakfast.  The place we like to get donuts from you have to get up early if you want a really good selection.  So I got up at 5:45 that morning to get Clay his donuts.  He hears me in the hall and comes out and says, "I can't sleep, I'm too excited!!".  It was so cute, but at the same time it was so early.  Once I got up all the kids were up so we had a really early breakfast. 

Clay had a great day at school.  He was really excited to take treats to school this year and when he came home he had a crown that his teachers had made for him.  He kept telling me everything about school and his friends.  He was so hyped up he couldn't even nap, so he kept trying to steal frosting while I made his Celtic cake. 

We did dinner, cake, and presents at my parents' house.  Clay's reaction to everything was priceless.  He was just so excited and happy about everything.  When he was opening presents he would say the cutest things.  After he opened presents from my parents he ran over to them and said, "I don't know how I can thank you."  Overall it was a really good day for him and he had a blast.  But it was an exhausting day for us!

 

0 comments: