James and I have tried to get Elizabeth to take her bike outside and ride it several times since Christmas. For some reason she was very content to just sit on it in the sitting room. We finally convinced her to ride it outside (mostly because I told her if she did she got to wear her helmet, she loves that helmet!). She did really good! She understood the whole peddling concept, she braked when she went down the little incline in the driveway. She just had a lot of fun. James needs to lower her seat a bit so that Lizzi can reach the peddles better though. Once that's done, she'll be a bike riding machine!





She's so proud of herself! Look at that smile.

Thought I would update you all on James too. James has been getting very little sleep for a very long time. I finally got him to the doctor in October I think. I was irritated because the doctor kept us waiting in the exam room for over an hour, and then walks in and starts trying to prescribe sleeping pills for James. We asked if it could be sleep apnea, so he gave us a
referral for the sleep center. The sleeping pills did nothing to help James. So on December 26 James went in for his sleep study. Now he will be going in on February 12 for another sleep study with a C-Pap machine to see if that helps. It's a relief that obviously something showed up on the original sleep study so now they are beginning to try out ways of correcting the problem.
2 comments:
Very impressive bike rider! The pics are so cute of the kids. You do a great job!
Good luck with the next sleep study. I hope it works, "cause it would be such a great blessing to you all.
How is Clayton doing with his hearing aids? You haven't said anything about them for a while. Does he still use them? And, the Deaf school come?
We miss you guys now that you're so far away!
I can't believe she did so well on her bike! That is awesome!! Good Luck with his next sleep study! I hope you can find answers, that is so frustrating!
Post a Comment