On Saturday James' parent came into town for Analyn's blessing at church. The kids enjoyed having Grandma and Grandpa around to play with.
We gave James' parents our room and they brought the kids into our room that morning and played.
Analyn in her blessing dress and the beautiful blanket that James' Grandma made for her. She makes all her great grandchildren blankets. All our kids have their own and they are all so beautiful! Analyn looked adorable in her dress. What beautiful children I have been blessed with! I found a dress through the distribution center in the church for a very reasonable price. I can't believe how much "blessing" (or christening is what they go by more commonly) dress cost! Ridiculous. My brother in Utah was nice enough to go pick one up for me since I couldn't order it online in the size I needed.
This is why I still don't have a family picture of all of us. Clayton hates pictures right now, and him and Lizzie won't hold still for a picture when I actually need them too. This was the best one we got. One day they will cooperate with me.
Analyn with Grandma and Grandpa Fabrizio
Analyn with Grandma and Grandpa Wahlstrom
The blessing went well. James had his Dad, my Dad and Derek in the circle for family, plus 2 others from our ward here. I have a hard time remembering anything that was said in the blessings with all my kids. I do remember that James said we had named Analyn after her grandmothers (Anna and Lyn from Carolyn), and like them we hoped she would grow to be a righteous women and be strong in the church. That was special for us and I know it will be special for her. When Jason and I were blessed in church my Dad blessed Jason and my Grandpa Bowen blessed me. We think I'm the only grandchild he blessed (but not sure, so don't quote me on that), and it's special to me that I know we have that special little bond from that experience. So I'm excited that Analyn will have a special experience with hers too.
1 comments:
I love her purple flower! We are blessing Carter this Sunday I can't wait!
Post a Comment