Thursday, April 08, 2010

Happy Easter!

The day after Garrett was here. Holly, Dave, and Kirkland drove from Oregon to visit for the weekend too. The only one of our kids they have actually seen is Elizabeth, and she was only 2 months old. The kids all loved them right away. This is a very picture heavy post by the way. David spending some quality time with Analyn.

Holly, Mom, and Analyn.

Holly and Analyn again.

Dave and Analyn. This picture cracks me up, because she reminds me of a deer in headlights.

Lizzie's basket. My parents bought Clay and Lizzie some clothes and a ball each. The Easter Bunny had to really stick to a budget this year. It was hard let me tell you, but we stuck to it. Like the kids needed more toys anyways.

Clay's basket

Analyn's basket. I really wanted to get a matching basket for her like Liz and Clay have. Passed since she didn't really need it and I couldn't really afford it anyways. Maybe I'll get it for her for Christmas.

Notice Liz went for Clayton's ball and Clay went for Analyn's Minnie Mouse doll.

Showing off her Ariel nightgown.



I love this Minnie Mouse doll. It's so soft. Of course Analyn is 2 months old so she really didn't care.


Clay's first attempt to dye Easter eggs. He did pretty good until he licked the egg and then tried to drink the dye. Yeah I know that it wouldn't hurt him, but the smell of the vinegar makes me want to throw up so seeing him try to drink it made it worst. He only did one egg.

Lizzie did great this year. The mess was minimal compared to last year. And I don't think James had to help her at all. I was busy with the video camera and didn't really pay too close of attention. Lizzie enjoyed it and was very upset with me that I only boiled 2 dozen eggs.




Holly was a great helper too. I didn't have to worry about the baby at all. I knew she would be in good hands, and there was 4 people she could get passed between. Kirkland was a little bored though I think.


Clay's alternate activity.

A better view of the nightgown and slippers.

James set up all the stuffed animals with Lizzie under the blanket later.

And Clay promptly destroyed it. That kid.


Lizzie loves her sister.



It was a fun visit. We had fun watching some movies. Saturday night we watched X-men Orgins:Wolverine. And Sunday we watched Sweeney Todd. It was so funny when that movie came on and Dad realized it was a musical, and he still sat through 35 minutes of it. Kirkland wasn't too sure about it either (he picked it out, we promised him some gore) and he was a trooper and stuck it out until it got interesting. It was a very short visit. We are all looking forward to seeing them again!

1 comments:

The Magalogo Family said...

We have the same Easter baskets for the kids :) They look so cute :) Glad you had a fun day!