Monday, August 20, 2012

Changes

I found out through my Mom that JCPenney was doing free haircuts for kids (kindergarden through 6th) the entire month of August.  So I called and set up an appointment for Elizabeth.  The morning of her appointment I mentioned to James that Lizzie probably would look really cute with a pixie cut.  When Lizzie and I got to the salon she wanted to see what a pixie cut looked like.  As soon as she saw it she wanted it.  I was having second thoughts though.  After we looked through the book with the stylist we decided on a short a-line cut like I usually get, just shorter.  It turned out cute!  And now that we are use to it it's adorable on her.


 Clay also wanted a professional haircut.  He didn't qualify for the free cut though.  So I took him to Walmart and got his hair cut there.  It was an experience, but the stylist there was awesome with him when he started to have a meltdown.  He was so proud of his haircut after we were done.  He wanted a spiky haircut, but so far we haven't gotten his hair trained to do it yet.  He wanted to show his hair off to the camera with Analyn.
 The next week after haircuts James and I got to go to Salt Lake to see Wicked.  We had hoped to get to RCWilleys to go look at beds for Clayton while we were there.  But we never have the time we need to get all our errands run so that idea was quickly thrown out the window.  The day after we got back though Mom called from a garage sale about a bed being for sale.  We went and looked at it and bought it.  They delivered it to our apartment and we got it put together.  We found someone who needed a crib too.  So now Analyn and Lizzie are in one room.

 And Clay is in the other with a bed all his own.  Analyn has been awesome with the transition.  She stays in bed during nap time and bedtime and goes to sleep (knock on wood that continues!).  Clay was really excited that day, but when bedtime came he started saying he hated his new bed and didn't want to have his own room.  We tried reassuring him for 2 days about it.  Now we are just ignoring his ploy for attention.  He has done pretty good with the switch considering.  I'm glad we were able to make it work.  Whomever built these apartments was not very practical at all and the room Clay is in is almost too small for a twin bed. 



1 comments:

The Magalogo Family said...

I really like to take the kids to Fantastic Sams, I don't know if you have one, but they are really kid friendly and the kids always get a prize when we go. Every Monday is $6 haircuts for kids. They are my new favorite...just wanted to pass that along. Very fun! We're all getting ready for school to start over here too...good times! :) Great post!