Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back To School

The first day of school has finally come and gone!  I love my kids, but it was time to get them out of the house a little more often and for me to keep my sanity.  Clay and Elizabeth were both so excited.  When I woke up to get the kids out of bed for their first day I found Elizabeth in the bathroom all dressed attempting to fix her hair.  It was 6:30am and she was completely ready.  Clay on the other hand had to get woken up (never a good idea with him) and then he sat in the bathroom refusing to put on his clothes saying he didn't want to go to school.  We finally managed to get him dressed and then we started the meltdowns over him eating breakfast.  He wasn't hungry!  Sure you aren't Clay.  We (and when I say "we" I mean James) finally got him to eat at least a yogurt.  About 30 minutes into Clay doing this I was crying in our bedroom.  This is a huge reason why I was so happy school had started again.  Clay is a handful on his best days, but when he's having an off day it's trying.

James gave all the kids blessings for the beginning of the school year (including Analyn who went over and told James it was her turn).  And then pictures.  When I saw Clay's mood I knew pictures were not going to be a good idea.  He warmed up to the idea fast though, and even though it's not the greatest picture it still worked for me.
 
 Analyn, like Clay, can't be left out of a picture.  Even though she was suppose to be eating breakfast so she could go to the daycare at the gym with me.  Silly girl.

 Here is the early bird.  She was so excited and it is so weird to know I have a first grader.  Granted she is in school a year earlier than we though she would be, but it's still strange.  I had some major anxiety coming into this morning.  Worrying if she would be outgoing or just have one of her meltdowns and start crying.  But she did great. 


They are both doing great.  Clay is doing better already (even though we had a huge meltdown getting on the bus this morning).  Elizabeth walked off with her friends this morning which made me happy and sad at the same time.  It's strange to have just Analyn here most days and then have her and Clay down for naps in the afternoon.  Here's to a very successful school year for these adorable kids of mine!  I know they are going to do great!

0 comments: