Monday, August 13, 2012

Tahoe Trip

We finally got a much needed vacation in this summer.  It was nice having Clay in a school program still, but it made it hard to get away because he had school on Monday and Wednesdays.  We were finally able to get out of town and go enjoy time with James' family in Tahoe.  We didn't do much (which was really nice).  The kids enjoyed a lot of time outside.  Grandma and Grandpa have a trampoline now so the kids spent a lot of time on that.  James was a good sport and jumped with the kids too.





 The kids got some much needed time with their cousins too.  They were looking forward to playing with them. 
 I had no idea James was this flexible.
 Clay cracks me up.  He's always posing.


 One of my favorite things is smores.  I hate to camp though so we don't get the opportunity to make them that often.  This was the kids first time making smores.   They had a lot of fun roasting the marshmallows over the fire.  And then finally they had a finished product.  Lizzie and Clay both said they didn't like them.  Analyn liked the marshmallows though...I can't remember if she ever got a whole smore though.




 The kids enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa's tortoise too.  We didn't see him really the last time we visited.  I think he was hibernating.  But the kids got to see him a lot this time.  Clay and Analyn were very interested in him.  They call him Flash, which I thought was really cute, and I was surprised how fast they actually do move.


 Aunt Tiffany was trying really hard to get some energy out of these kids.  6 high energy kids is really tiring after a while.  She was teaching the kids how to play duck, duck, goose.  Analyn just kept going around in a circle repeating duck the whole time.  It was funny though.
 James and I got to go and see James' Dad perform too on a little date night.  We went to get ice cream afterwards and checked out this exclusively sock store.  I was in heaven.  I love crazy socks.  We got the kids all a pair.  Lizzie got toe socks which she thinks are really awesome.


0 comments: