

Last belly shot before we left for the hospital
49er boys
Caught a smile because she was saying cheese
Sleeping with his mouth open
The day we got to take him homeClayton David Fabrizio
December 5, 2007 @ 8:34 am
7lbs 12oz
18 inches
Well I finally had the time and energy to get these pictures up. We went into the hospital at 5:30am on Dec 5 and they started getting everything set up for the c-section. We were scheduled to have the c-section at 7:30 but they had an emergency that morning right before we got their so we didn't get into the operating room until around 8am. The spinal epidural wasn't that bad thankfully. We made sure to take our camera and extra batteries so we could actually get pictures of when Clay was born. Wouldn't you know it our batteries died in the OR before they got him out and the extra batteries were in my room. Oh well. The doctor showed James my uterus (I know it sounds weird) because I guess it's about half the size it should be. So it took a good 10 minutes to get Clay out. He took a while to get crying so they took him to the nursery to get some oxygen and his blood sugar had gone down from the stress of the c-section. So I got to see Clayton for maybe 1 minute after he was born and then I didn't get to see him until later that afternoon when the nurse wheeled me into the nursery. Poor guy was on an iv to get fluids into him to get his blood sugar up. And it made his arm swell up the next day. He was in the nursery for the first 2 days. I went in a lot the 2nd day though to see him and feed him. He's a good little nurser. Now I know why so many women say breastfeeding is so easy, they must have had babies that just took to it really fast. I couldn't believe the difference between him and Elizabeth when it comes to breastfeeding.
He developed jaundice too, which is why he's so yellow in some of the pictures. So he was on a light bed in my room on Friday, but it didn't take number they test in the blood down enough so we had to leave Clay in the hospital on Saturday. I had a very hard time with that, but he did get to come home Sunday.
Elizabeth has been so good in all of this. Especially since she didn't get to see him until Saturday for the first time. So we'll see how she does. Tomorrow he has to go get his blood taken so they can see if his numbers are going down with the jaundice. He's a good eater and a very quiet baby (unless he's hungry). I'm doing good too. Moving around pretty good, just suffering from some very swollen feet and ankles. I will keep you all updated. James and I are very excited for our son to finally be here.
Well I finally had the time and energy to get these pictures up. We went into the hospital at 5:30am on Dec 5 and they started getting everything set up for the c-section. We were scheduled to have the c-section at 7:30 but they had an emergency that morning right before we got their so we didn't get into the operating room until around 8am. The spinal epidural wasn't that bad thankfully. We made sure to take our camera and extra batteries so we could actually get pictures of when Clay was born. Wouldn't you know it our batteries died in the OR before they got him out and the extra batteries were in my room. Oh well. The doctor showed James my uterus (I know it sounds weird) because I guess it's about half the size it should be. So it took a good 10 minutes to get Clay out. He took a while to get crying so they took him to the nursery to get some oxygen and his blood sugar had gone down from the stress of the c-section. So I got to see Clayton for maybe 1 minute after he was born and then I didn't get to see him until later that afternoon when the nurse wheeled me into the nursery. Poor guy was on an iv to get fluids into him to get his blood sugar up. And it made his arm swell up the next day. He was in the nursery for the first 2 days. I went in a lot the 2nd day though to see him and feed him. He's a good little nurser. Now I know why so many women say breastfeeding is so easy, they must have had babies that just took to it really fast. I couldn't believe the difference between him and Elizabeth when it comes to breastfeeding.
He developed jaundice too, which is why he's so yellow in some of the pictures. So he was on a light bed in my room on Friday, but it didn't take number they test in the blood down enough so we had to leave Clay in the hospital on Saturday. I had a very hard time with that, but he did get to come home Sunday.
Elizabeth has been so good in all of this. Especially since she didn't get to see him until Saturday for the first time. So we'll see how she does. Tomorrow he has to go get his blood taken so they can see if his numbers are going down with the jaundice. He's a good eater and a very quiet baby (unless he's hungry). I'm doing good too. Moving around pretty good, just suffering from some very swollen feet and ankles. I will keep you all updated. James and I are very excited for our son to finally be here.









2 comments:
cute kids ^-^
Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything is ok now, even with a little drama. :)
Post a Comment