Monday, December 31, 2007

Merry Christmas and then some....






Trying out the baby cradle



Well I finally got a chance to put up pictures again. Christmas was fun. We had a little snag on Christmas Eve. James was working of course and ended up haveing to work until the store closed. So he was at work for 12 hours. Nice. I wasn't too thrilled mostly because I worked my butt off all day cooking to have dinner ready when he'd get off work and then he wasn't there. Oh well. That was our only snag so I guess it wasn't that bad. Christmas morning I got Elizabeth out of bed and took her to our room and James read the nativity story to us. After we finished that and Elizabeth finished her milk we went to open presents. Elizabeth didn't really get the whole present thing. She liked tearing off the paper but needed a lot of encouragement. We got a lot of nice stuff. Elizabeth got a solid wood baby cradle (good thing it's solid too since she's climbing into it all the time), lots of books, and some cloths. We got Clayton a build-a-bear and piggy bank. Those were the major presents for the kids. James and I both got a ton of DVD's. We also bought a new cabinet to hold he DVDs in with some money that James' parents gave us. We definately need that, we have some many movies we're running out of places to put them. We got a lot of stuff for the kitchen too. I got a griddle, and some corning ware. And James bought me a 10 piece pot and pan set.
After presents we enjoyed a lazy day at home. I played on the computer a lot trying out my new Sims 2 game. That thing is hilarious!! Elizabeth was so wired the whole day, she didn't even take her nap until after 3pm.
James had to work the day after too and went in a few hours early to help out because they are really short handed. Good thing too, because of all the overtime James got he was able to come home early at noon so I could take Clayton to Urgent Care. On Christmas I noticed his eye was really watery and runny, well the next morning it was all gross and crusty. So I took him to make sure if it was pink eye we got it taken care of. Well it wasn't pink eye he just has a clogged tear duct. But the good news is that he's finally past his birth weight, he weighed 8 lbs 1 oz so he's slowly gaining weight.

0 comments: