Sunday, February 03, 2008

Clay's Baby Blessing




I guess Clay does look more like me


Man the weather was not on our side this weekend!! I mean we didn't get much snow where we are, but the benches and mountains got a ton of it. So did Elko and South Lake Tahoe. So originally James' family from Tahoe and my parents were going to come out. Well Thursday night James' family told us they wouldn't be coming out because of the weather. Then Saturday my parents called to tell me they wouldn't be either. And James and I were both fine with that because we wanted them all to stay safe rather than try to get out here and something happen. So we didn't have a huge turnout for the baby blessing, but it was still nice. All of you who weren't able to come because of the weather we missed you! Clayton was in the same outfit James was blessed in. So the next kid we have will get a new outfit for their blessing since we don't have another to pass down (that won't be happening for about 2 years at least!). I was going to make Clayton booties to wear with his outfit, but I gave that up after a lot of hours of trying and not being able to concentrate. Oh well. James gave Clayton a nice blessing and it was nice to see family and show off Clayton to those of them that hadn't seen him yet.
Elizabeth was so excited to see her cousins. And she made some new friends. She kept playing with James' cousin and huging him and stuff like that. And she was giving out lots of kisses too. I'm glad she's getting over being scared of men. Clayton has his 2 month check-up this week along with his Ear Nose and Throat appointment too. So I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to update everyone on this week. And he's finally out of newborn cloths offically. I can pack them away until we need them again. I hope he's in the 0 to 3 month cloths for a while. I'd be very upset if he grows out of them fast.

0 comments: