As a treat for the kids (mostly Elizabeth) we bought a family pass to the zoo for the year. We're excited that we'll get to go zoo as much as we want for the next year. It really makes the visit more relaxed too, mostly because we don't feel like we have to see everything because we'll be back. Elizabeth was very excited when we got there. We let her walk a lot and she was pulling on my hand in the parking lot to get going. She really enjoyed it and was very good the whole time. We took sandwiches with us and had our lunch there. We were only there for a few hours, but the was more than enough time for both the kids.



For some reason she decided to give me a hug while I was trying to show her the elephants.
Clay enjoyed the day too. He was tired when I took this pictures, but he was also a very good boy all day.
When she got tired of walking James and I would put Elizabeth on our shoulders. When James put her on his shoulders she said, "Look I tall" I don't know where she learned that but it was cute. She's so smart.



Elizabeth liked the cats a lot. Mostly because they would come close to the fence or glass. This one kept pacing in front of the glass trying to get to the people looking in on him.
What a bummer the gorilla was laying at the base of the cement wall so Elizabeth couldn't see him. I wanted her to see the gorilla because I wanted to see how she would like him, but oh well there is always next time. After the zoo we went to Sonic and had milkshakes because they were $.99 Elizabeth really enjoyed that part of the day, she even got her own shake. James helped her eat it though because they were pretty big.
We also had to run to Rite Aid while we were out. I was looking at some children books and found 2 blue's clues book that were only $.97 so I got them for Elizabeth and that's all she looked at after we got home. I'm so glad she likes books. I went to the library later on also and checked out a Curious George book for her too. She loves that book too.


0 comments:
Post a Comment