Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday James

James' birthday was on Wednesday (14). He turned 27. Unfortunately he had to work because he had a training seminar to go to. So we celebrated the next day. James got a lot of nice things, but most of them he got early. He got a new cell phone (in February) because his old one wouldn't hold a charge for more than 10 minutes. And I also bought him 2 suits because Mr. Mac was having there buy one for $249 get the 2nd for a $1 sale. And of course DVDs, and music. Elizabeth enjoyed "writing" in his card too.

The cake didn't turn out the way I planned. I thought with James being home I wouldn't get so distracted. I was wrong. I was doing something new so Elizabeth wanted to be in on the action. I really enjoy making the cakes for birthdays though, so it was still fun. And it was a heck of a lot cheaper than buying one! (it's a ocean themed cake in case you can't tell from the photo).

This was the first birthday since Elizabeth's (because we didn't really do anything for mine) so the whole cake thing really intrigued her. As soon as dinner was over she went into the kitchen and kept saying "cake, cake, cake". She loved watching the candles being lit. And as you can see she's ready to eat some cake and not stain her outfit.
I put 27 candles on the cake and James was teasing me saying I was going to set off the smoke detector.



And finally cake! This made Elizabeth's day.

1 comments:

Meadows22 said...

Holy Cow I hope you had a fire extinguisher! Happy Birthday James!