Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hearing Aids!

Clay finally got his hearing aids today. The audiologists where very excited to fit Clay with the hearing aids. He's the first person they've ever fit these particular hearing aids with. The only difference is the actual hearing aid that rests on the back of the ear. It's smaller than the initial model they showed me when we had his ear molds taken. Clay is such a good baby. He sat still while the hearing aids were fitted and then again while James and I practiced putting them in. And he doesn't seem to mind them either. He hasn't tried to pull them out at all. As you can see from the pictures the hearing aids are blue. They have a ton of colors to choose from. I went with a color rather than clear or skin color so that if Elizabeth or him knock them out I'll hopefully be able to find them easier. We'll see how this first week goes.

We are already noticing an improvement. He turns to sounds now which is great. He's a little more quiet today, but I think it's because he's so intrigued by all the new sounds he's picking up. He's very quick to laugh now, even more than normal. He's a very happy baby!






4 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

What a sweet little boy!!! I'm glad you got him all fixed up with the hearing aids and that it seems to be helping! All of the pictures are so cute--I love them watching Signing times! :)

Crouch6 said...

They look good!

Meadows22 said...

Clay looks great!

elizabeth said...

Great blog! I hope you'll consider adding it to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!