So as sad as this may sound, Elizabeth has never really experienced rain. There were a few times we got caught in it to and from somewhere, but she's never really seen it and enjoyed it. In our old apartment we were the middle level, with trees blocking our windows, that overlooked the Jordan River. So even when it did rain we couldn't see it. Well my parents have lots of places to observe rain. So when i saw that it was raining yesterday I opened the door so Elizabeth could check it out.


This is what she does when she's excited. And if I would have let her she would have stayed outside in the rain all day. But the longer we stayed out there the later it got and the temperature began to drop, so I dragged her inside accompanied by her screaming tantrum.
Then another day she got a hold of my church shoes and decided to put them on. They actually had straps so I helped her get them on so it wouldn't be dangerous for her to walk in them.
She was very proud of herself, of course. And had to show everyone that was around what she had on her feet.
And here is my other little monkey that will climb on anything he can swing his little legs over. He's really taken a liking to this toy. He likes to walk around pushing it.
The other day Elizabeth wouldn't take a nap, so I finally gave up on it since it was getting to be somewhat late. Well she sat down finally to watch some Baby Signing Time and fell asleep sitting straight up. It was adorable, poor thing. She of course only got about a 5 minute nap because I tried to move her to her bed, but I still managed to get a quick snapshot.
Oh and we have successfully weened Elizabeth off her pacifier. Once we moved here she was getting a rash on her face from them, so we decided she didn't really need one anymore. We just took it away cold turkey. And even with Clay having one it wasn't too big of a problem. Of course the first 2 days where agonizing because I wanted to cave in so bad, but I didn't (thanks to James mostly). So now she's off it for good. The only time I miss it is at church, she is pretty loud.


1 comments:
Elizabeth's so funny all excited! I love her falling asleep in the chair too. She is so cute!
Post a Comment