Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

Here's the tree with all the presents.
Me and James' stockings
Elizabeth's Santa gift and stocking. She got a bike and a sled (that's for Clay too).

Clay's Santa gift and stocking

Mom, Dad, and Jason got a surprise from Santa too.

Santa worked hard to make cute gift tags for everyone ;)

Well our Christmas was pretty good. Elizabeth enjoyed it. She came into our room in the morning and was laying on our bed and looked at me and said, "Merry Christmas Mommy." We also have been reminding her throughout the week that the reason we're celebrating Christmas is because we're celebrating Jesus' birth. So all throughout the day she kept telling us it was Jesus' birthday. She even sat still before we went upstairs while I read the story out of the bible.

We immediately went upstairs to see Grandma and Grandpa. When they were up and going me and the kids went back downstairs. Lizzi saw what Santa had brought her while we were still going down the stairs. "Look my Bike!" We got it on tape, so as soon as I buy a USB cable for our camera I'll post it online. That was our surprise gift from my parents was a really nice camcorder. It counts as a Christmas, birthday, Easter, valentines, etc present. So here is Lizzi on her new bike.

Clayton hanging out. He still didn't get it so we let him play in his toy mostly.

James hamming it up for the camera. This is a new book by JK Rowling (Harry Potter author). James also got a gun for the Wii, Lego Batman (wii), 2 board games, pj's, and books. I'm sure he got a bit more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. And we also got a huge stack of DVD's. But that's normal for us and Christmas. We also got a few things for our 72 hour kits from James' parents. They also gave us some money (thanks again!) that we are going to use to buy a Wii Fit.

Lizzi and Clayton got many toys and books. Next year I might go more low key for the kids. Lizzi was very overwhelmed after a few presents. So she didn't really open a lot of her own presents. She did get a few Curious George books (she loves those).

Dad, Jason, and Mom. They mostly watched while we all opened our presents.

James was talking to Clay. See the pile of DVD's accumulating on the floor?


A new Dora book from Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Mike


New Signing Times!
Every year I set a budget for James and I. And every year he goes WAY outside the budget. His defense is that he likes to spoil me at Christmas. I got a Kitchen Aid Mixer (so excited about that one! And he got a great deal on it.), lots of DVD's, pjs, Monopoly (wii) and these surprise earrings that Elizabeth helped pick out. They are diamond and pink sapphires from Shane Company. I love them, and it was a nice surprise (of course the earrings were wrapped in about 6 different boxes).

Unfortunately James and I were both very sick most of the day. My Dad got a nice prime rib for Christmas dinner and James and I haven't even had any yet. It was not a fun day for either of us, but at least the getting sick part is behind us mostly (we think we got what Lizzi had). So today I'm looking forward to actually eating and enjoying my gifts.

James also has his sleep study tonight to see if he has sleep apnea or something similar. Please keep him in your prayers! It's horrible to hope he has sleep apnea, but I would really love to see James actually get some sleep and be rested.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Jenny! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw that you're a follower of mine! Awesome! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. (we were sick also - yuck!) You will love your Kitchen Aid. I love mine! Good to keep in touch with you!

Kmelanese said...

Wow! YOu guys all made out like bandits!! I am sorry that you two were sick, that sucked! How did James's sleep study go?