Monday, December 08, 2008

Clay's Birthday (Lots Of Pictures)

Before we get to the birthday pictures, I just wanted to show off these cute slippers. Clayton doesn't keep his socks on and his feet are always cold. So I bought his some slippers (0 to 6 months size) and they fit him perfect and he loved them. Never tried to take them off once. And of course Lizzi wanted slippers too, I did buy her some for Christmas. Unfortunately I like to get all my wrapping done early so they are already wrapped under the tree too. I told her she'd have to wait.

On Clay's actual birthday my Mom went to the dollar store here and got Clayton some balloons and books. He thought they were both pretty cool.


James was being funny and tied the balloons to Clayton's jeans. We took them off soon after because Clay was getting tangled in the string.
And what a sweet Grandma, she got Elizabeth some balloons too. Didn't keep Elizabeth from trying to take Clay's too.
It was just a small celebration. I'm avoiding parties until the kids actually want them. We did invite our friends Tiffany and Doug over though, but they are like family to us. Elizabeth helped open most of the present (like we all thought she would).
Cute little toy piggy bank that Elizabeth keeps telling me is "hers" (she's in that stage where everything is hers). Thanks to James' family (Anna, David, Tiffany and Mike). This is one of the gifts we got for Clay with the money they sent.
Basketball toy. Clay loves the sounds this one makes.

Big present from Doug and Tiffany


A little hammer that makes noises.
Lizzi was SO into the presents. Christmas will be interesting. And I'm proud to say so far she hasn't tried to get into any of the presents under the tree.
Little truck
Clayton's cake.

His special cake for just him. I used the leftover cake from carving the #1


He almost did a dive into the cake. James got him in time. Clay is very fast.


Lizzi after we sang happy birthday
Checking out the cake

He loved the cake and dove right in. He wasn't too messy, but definitely got into it.






The kids after cake all trying to get to the toys


This is the toy he got from Doug and Tiffany. Elizabeth takes it away from him a lot already.


Overall it was a lot of fun. After Clay's birthday and Christmas we will definitely have a lot more toys around.

1 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

awwww love the cake pics!!

classic. i'm glad he got into it!