Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Christmas Tree (Lots of Pictures)

Well, Christmas time is here again. James is working tons of hours and 6 days a week. So as always Christmas is more bittersweet for me. We always miss the time we usually have with James, that's retail for you though. Yesterday was James' 1 day off this week, so we spent some fun time with the kids. We went out and picked out a Hallmark ornament for each of the kids (a store here actually had them, but of course they were picked over). I buy them a Hallmark ornament every year. Usually I get them after Christmas on clearance, but I'm not going to push my luck here in Elko. We got some new fun wrapping paper, and had Artic Circle for lunch. Since this was the only time James was really off this week, we put the Christmas tree up too.
Elizabeth enjoyed it of course, and since this is the first year she's more aware of what's going on she was more than willing to help.

James wasn't really into it this year. So I asked if he would take pictures then. He took A TON of pictures. He's as bad as I am.
Lizzi really got into it here when we actually started to put stuff on the tree. She would just place the ornaments on the branch and most of them just fell out.

Clay got in on the action too, from a safe distance of course... that's all I need was Clay trying to put everything in his mouth.

Such a cute picture, too bad it's a little blurry.


The tree came out gorgeous! Mom has some really pretty decorations.

Kids with Grandma.

Elizabeth loves to go see the tree now. And I had 2 huge boxes full of wrapped presents in the basement that I already put under it. She's been really good too and hasn't tried to get into any of them yet. We'll see how long that lasts.

0 comments: