Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Day

Monday we got snow all day. Elizabeth has never played in the snow, so Tuesday I decided we were going to break in her new snow suit I had bought in December. I am not an outdoors girl, I hate really hot weather and really cold weather. But Elizabeth needed a different activity and all that fresh snow was actually pretty inviting. Elizabeth was very excited and held still (for her) so I could get a pic before we went outside.

She had a ton of fun! Look at her gloves they are encased in snow!

She loved sledding, even though the hills in our backyard are tiny.


I was trying to show her how to do a snow angel. I don't really have winter boots or anything like that so I was not about to lay down in the snow. She still thought it was funny.






Oh the giggling that went on in the backyard. We both had fun. I was kicking powder at her and she'd run up "holding" snow and touch my jacket and then say, "Got you Mommy!" Even after many falls (and face plants) into the snow she still smiled and laughed. We were outside for a good 45 minutes before I had to drag her inside because her nose and cheeks were so red. It was a fun time.

James was going to take her out yesterday again, but didn't feel well. Personally I think he's way overtired from not sleeping. He has his second sleep study test tonight with a CPAP machine. I'm hoping this will be a solution for this problem so that he can start getting some much needed rest!

0 comments: