It has been an interesting week. Clayton started running a fever on Wednesday. I kept and eye on it but initially assumed it was because he was teething (he was getting 4 teeth at the time). Well Thursday he was still running a 102 fever. I called the doctor office and could not get him in. They said they would work me in on Friday. Later James left for his sleep study at the hospital. Well after he was gone Clay's fever kept going up (even with Tylenol). So I was trying to decide if I should just take him to the ER again. Well I took his temperature rectally because it kept jumping around so much whenever I did the ear thermometer. Well he wouldn't hold still long enough to get a final reading, but he was over 103. So my Mom drove us to the ER. Poor Clayton had ulcers along the back of his throat. I can't remember what it's called specifically, but it's a viral infection so we have to let it run its course. So they did a RSV test and flu, and a strep test and we finally got home right before midnight. Clay's fever is almost back to normal but he's still miserable.
James came home at 6am and that's when I told him what was going on and that Clayton would be sleeping in our room until he was over this so that Lizzi couldn't steal his pacifiers (it's really contagious). James' sleep study went well. He said he didn't feel like he slept much there, but the technician said when he was asleep it had improved the quality of sleep with the machine. So James' information will be turned over to the company that distributes CPAP machines here. So I'm glad that we finally got an answer to the sleeping issue.
On Valentines Day my Mom made all of us eggs and chocolate chip pancakes. We didn't do anything because James was working (but we've never really been big on V-day either). I got James the "Across The Universe" soundtrack. He got me "Doomsday" on DVD. Here are some picture of the kids enjoying there pancakes.
James came home at 6am and that's when I told him what was going on and that Clayton would be sleeping in our room until he was over this so that Lizzi couldn't steal his pacifiers (it's really contagious). James' sleep study went well. He said he didn't feel like he slept much there, but the technician said when he was asleep it had improved the quality of sleep with the machine. So James' information will be turned over to the company that distributes CPAP machines here. So I'm glad that we finally got an answer to the sleeping issue.
On Valentines Day my Mom made all of us eggs and chocolate chip pancakes. We didn't do anything because James was working (but we've never really been big on V-day either). I got James the "Across The Universe" soundtrack. He got me "Doomsday" on DVD. Here are some picture of the kids enjoying there pancakes.


0 comments:
Post a Comment