Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ouch!

On Monday I took Lizzie to school like normal. It was turning out to be a crappy day in general. I was sick still and felt like crap (but all you moms out there know that even when your sick you don't get to relax), James had just told me that until the store meets their expected goal that was projected that he'd be working 6 days a week (2 reasons that suck, 10 hour days, and James is salaried now, so no extra money). So yeah, I was not in the best mood and I was emotional. Then I get a call from the preschool. Lizzie is pretty energetic and just gets easily excited. Well when she runs her feet don't always go the same speed as the rest of her body does. To put it simply, she's clumsy. She's tripped and fell into the hard plastic that made up the exterior of the sand box. She knocked 2 of her teeth back and had a nice fat lip.



Of course I took her to a dentist and she was a trooper. None of our kids had been to the dentist yet, so she was a little scared about the chair. Really scared when they put the x-ray machine right in her face. So now she's on an antibiotic just in case and we're seeing a pediatric specialist tomorrow to find out some more. Luckily her teeth aren't cracked and no damage was sustained to the permanent teeth at all. Now we just get to wait and see if the teeth turn grey or brown which indicated nerve damage. Lizzie doesn't seem to mind, in fact I think it bugs me a lot more than her. I'll count this as a blessing. If she hit her mouth hard enough to knock her teeth back I don't even want to think of the damage it could have done if she hit another part of her head.

2 comments:

sweets said...

I got a call like that last week on the worst day to. chandler had ran into anothers childs head. I know how you feel. I hope she gets better soon.

Holly said...

poor thing. Mackaylee is a clutz too! Hope everything turns out ok!