Friday, November 12, 2010

Update on Lizzie

So Liz and I head off to the pediatric dentist on Thursday morning to double check things and get a good look at her teeth. The whole time I'm telling her they are just going to look at her teeth. Well she did amazing, and then the Doctor is looking at her teeth and asked the nurses to take a different angled x-ray to check something that could present a problem. When Lizzie fell and knocked her tooth back it also projected the root forward and broke the bone that was holding the tooth in and now the root was pointing out. And because of that tooth being so off Liz couldn't even bite down and have her teeth meet up without moving her jaw every time. So the Doctor looks at me and says that tooth is going to need to come out. Well I told Lizzie because I wasn't going to lie to her, and I was caught off guard so I was fighting back tears. I called James and let him know what was going on. What a sweet husband I have. All I say to James is I really need you to be here and my Mom watched the kids, lent him her car (because I had both our car keys) and he came over right away. What can I say, I'm a big baby when it comes to things like this. I hate seeing my kids go through stuff like this.

First, the sedative they gave her orally made her hyper. One of the boys from her preschool class showed up so she was all excited that one of her friends from school was there to play with. She got really upset when we took her to the back because she wanted to play. She then got to lay down in one of the chairs and watch "Cars" while they gave her some gas. Then when she was really out of it, they numbed the area around the tooth and yanked it out. Lizzie was a trooper the entire time too. She got a coupon for a free milkshake from Arctic Circle (she ate the whole thing too), and a little goody bag. She enjoyed showing off her tooth to everyone and insisted on putting it under her pillow for the tooth fairy almost immediately after getting home. Here she is close to getting home, she was still a little weird from the gas and sedatives.


We all felt bad for her. Grandma gave her a new book when she got home. And I had to run to the store after we got back and so I decided to get her a new My Little Pony as a prize for being so amazing during this whole thing. We rented Toy Story 3 and vegged out most of the day with her. Luckily this happened on James only day off this week.

Lizzie was so excited to find the tooth fairy had left her a dollar the next morning. She immediately asked me to put it in her piggy bank. All I have to say is I'm glad this whole mess is over with! But Lizzie is doing fine and doesn't even mind her tooth missing.

0 comments: