Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Saturday Fun!

Saturday we kicked off our Halloween early. The kids were so obnoxious all day about going to the church party to trick or treat. Well by about 3pm James and I were so sick of them asking, so we decided that we'd take them to Trick-or-Treat Street to kill some time before the activity at the church. The whole point of it is to teach kids safe tips for trick or treating and to give them a warm, safe place to do it at. We got there before it was even open and the line was out the door! After a little waiting though we were in and the kids were having a blast. James even offered to take pictures since I'm never in pictures with the kids...yes, he is sweet. So here we are about to get started.

Analyn hung out with James at the front of the room that the "doors" where in.

Mid trick or treating.



All done. It was a fun little experience with the kids. Clay had never been trick or treating so it kind of helped him get the hang of it a little.

A couple hours later we headed over to the Trunk or Treat activity at church. I specifically asked James to get this day off so that he could come with us. And he's always a good sport (if he remembers to ask for that day off). The kids had fun, and were SO well behaved. I usually dread going to church activities because we don't allow our kids to run around the gym aimlessly, so it's hard to keep them entertained (but it's a lot quieter!). But they ate their food really good so that they could go check out games too. Analyn hated her banana costume too might I add. When I bought it last year I didn't even think about the fact that she wouldn't be able to move her legs really. Oh well.


Done with James, waiting to go outside to trick or treat!


Trunk or treating was fun. The kids walked to each car trunk that was decorated and did their trick or treating that way. They made off with a lot of candy too, some people were handing out candy by the handfuls. It was a fun night for us to spend as a family!

0 comments: