Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baking Frenzy!

So my main argument to get a Kitchen Aid mixer was that I would bake more if I had one. Well I'm finally starting to live up to my end of the bargain. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to make sugar cookies on Saturday (even though I had about 10 other things to do). Mostly I wanted to use my new Easter cookie cutters. Well Mom decided that homemade cinnamon rolls sounded good too (I'm sure James and Dad enjoyed all the baked treats). Well James and I ran some errands in the morning and Clay and Lizzi stayed at the house with Grandma. Lizzi was her helper of course. Once we got to the point where Mom could put all the sugar and raisins on the cinammon roll dough Lizzi was very interested. ThenMom started to brush on melted butter. Lizzi was confused...

This is when she turned to me and said, "Look Mom, Grandma is painting!" So funny.

Our treats turned out amazing! I got my sugar cookie receipt from my sister-in-law Aimee and they are awesome! They have sour cream in them and so no matter how thin they are they stay soft! And they have really good frosting for them too that is made with cream cheese. Normally I hate frosting, but this stuff is so good. And it actually came out creamy with my mixer! Lizzi liked the frosting too. In fact she kept stealing samples from already frosted cookies.


And here is a picture of Clay. He likes to sit on the couch now, and fell asleep while watching a show.

The kids love this wicker chair in the computer room. The other day Clay climbed up with his milk to sit on it, and of course Elizabeth decided she needed to be included too.

This is the pouty face she gave me when she wanted me to take her picture.

0 comments: