Sunday, April 05, 2009

Update

So since I haven't had pictures this week I thought I would give everyone a little update.

Our biggest life change is that I am starting another job this week. Unfortunately the substitute teaching once a week hasn't worked out as planned (I will continue to be a sub when/if I have other days available). First a little history though. In high school I was offered a job in the produce department at Albertsons. My manager was a family friend and in our ward so it was a nice arrangement. Well he called me about a month ago to see if I'd be interested in a job. He and his wife created a company to assist the foster kids that they have in there home. So I am going to be working with the kids doing various things (driving them to appointments/school, tutoring (maybe) etc). It pays $15 an hour and they are going to work around James' schedule, plus on certain things I can take the kids with me if I need to. I'll only be working about 10 hours a week. I'm excited for the opportunity.

James is doing great. His CPAP machine really has helped improve his sleeping and he seems happier now (and more rested). He just finished a 6 day work week and is ready for his job to go back to normal (his manager was on one of her week vacations this week). Our original plan of putting James into school is back on. So I'm going to get him register and enrolled in a few online classes in the fall. Nice thing is that since we moved here for work he automatically gets in state tuition. Nice huh?

We decided to keep Elizabeth out of preschool for another year. The program I want to put her in won't accept her until she's officially 3 (so that's after the school year starts). She is #1 on their waiting though. Even though I know Lizzi would thrive in school earlier this will give me more time to get her potty trained (we're anticipating a lot of stubbornness from Lizzi in this department). She's a smart little cookie. The things that come out of her mouth! We tend to forget she's only 2 1/2 rather than 4 ish. She loves, loves, loves to go to church. She'll cry if she thinks someone is going to church without her. And we're slowly getting the whole whispering thing down too.

Clayton is doing great! He's talking a lot, and the words he knows are getting fine tuned so that they are easily recognizable by everyone. He's my buddy. He loves to cuddle still (I don't mind). He's doing great with walking and trying to run a little bit. He really likes to come up to you and hold onto your leg (Grandma loves that, personally it drives me nuts. Usually because he does it while I'm going back and forth in the kitchen).

Well that's all that I can think of to tell. I'm probably leaving some things out, but my brain is frazzled today!

1 comments:

BJ said...

Sounds like a pretty cool deal with your new job. Say hi to Randy and Sweets for me! Good luck with the potty training. If there is one thing that is great about being single, it is not having to worry about the bodily functions of other people!