Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My New Ride

We got a van! It's a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has electronic door (which has been so nice when I have to carry a ton of stuff), leather seats, climate control, and stow and go! Sure there are other features too. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what half of the stuff in there does. I've never had a car with so many bells and whistles. We got a killer deal on it, and as a plus it was formerly a rental car (thanks for the info carfax).

On our trip to Utah James realized how much room we did not have in our tiny little Neon. So the day after we got back he started looking and this is what we found. We both liked it, but it was a little out of our comfort zone in the price range. Well the dealership took almost $3000 off without us even asking, so that made it more realistic for us. So Tuesday we went and looked and then went and talked it over with my parents and checked blue book value to make sure we were getting as good a deal as we thought. Wednesday we said we'll take it and Friday it was mine.

The cool part is we still have our Neon so we have two cars. James and I have NEVER had two cars. Even when we were dating it was just my car, so this is a little weird. But now I have a bigger car for work too, which is going great too by the way! I got to go to a movie yesterday with one of the kids... crazy huh? Getting paid to take someone to a movie! I really like the job though, and that's good because my job is paying for my car until we get the Neon paid off. The kids seem to like the car too. They can actually see out the windows. And Lizzi keeps telling me she likes my car.

1 comments:

Kmelanese said...

LOVE IT!! GOTTA LOVE VANS! THOSE DOORS MUST BE SO NICE TOO!