Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Zoo Visit

We got the chance to go out to Utah for a few days. We had 3 appointments to be at on Monday, so we decided to make a weekend out of it and go see James' grandparents that live in Payson. It was a short trip but we really had fun seeing family we had not seen since we moved. We had a lot of fun playing Canasta too! Us adults stayed up until midnight playing canasta on Saturday! It's so fun, and now I'm determined to teach my parents how to play it.

Clayton had another audiology appointment. He did awesome! He hears pretty normal in his right ear. His left ear is not that great, but at least now we're getting into the age where we'll be able to fine tune his hearing aids so it's not just loud. Between Clay's audiology appointment and James and I getting our teeth cleaned we decided to take a quick trip to the zoo since we probably won't be in Salt Lake again before our year pass expires. The kids had a lot of fun, and Clay enjoyed being able to see out of the stroller for once.

I tried to get Clay's picture with the Elephants.

Lizzi got her own map when we entered the zoo. She looked at the map and pretty much nothing else almost the entire time we were there.

Lizzi hanging out until it was her turn for the carousel. Clayton got to ride it for the first time. I think he enjoyed it. He never got what I would call excited, but he said "Whee!" a lot.



Then I took Lizzi next. She of course loved it and made sure to wave at Daddy and Clay every time we went by. Clay cried while we were on it. Probably because he wanted to go again.



Having a snack while Lizzi and I were on the carousel.

It was a fun trip for sure.

0 comments: